Tonight it has been Splinter Lake and the digital mechanics of building the perfect beach.
Seven hours straight on a computer working, a two hour break, and then another run at the finish line. Tomorrows comic is done, the Renderosity strip is almost nailed, and I have learned things.
One thing I have learned was how to control my temper as I listened to a global warming denialist recite the republican doctrine according to that inbred, oxycontin snorting fucktard Limbaugh in my local hangout/drinking establishment.
Three cheers for temper control, I guess.
Oh, and according to this dick, Nixon was a good president.
And a few other observations...
1. Has anybody out there but me noticed that singer Macy Gray sings like a female Fraggle with a really bad cold?
(oh, and in case you don't know what a Fraggle is... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fraggle_Rock http://www.fragglerocker.com/
2. It's all about connection, and the things money can't buy...(meteru
will know what I'm talking about)
3. I'm currently taking the new version of Fireworks for a test drive, and I have to say that it makes me a very, happy panda. They actually improved it (which I didn't think was possible)
4. Obsidian canyons have recently been springing to mind lately as something I might visit in the digital art side of things.
5. I am still working on the Requiem Tarot deck...I'm still hung up with The Hermit right now. Yes, I am beating my head against the wall. I know what I need to complete it, I just don't have it yet.
6. With the recent work on Microholography and the development of 500GB's of storage on a DVD
there may finally come a day when I can back up my Poser directory and comic art files on one disk. Of course, this also means that a couple people I know will soon be making the ultimate mix DVD's ;)
7. I have had Tracy Chapmans "Baby, Can I Hold You Tonight?" as my mental soundtrack for the last month or so. Great song, and the memories from it are enough to almost kill me at times.